River Bend Ranch, LLC of Limon, Colo. is looking to hire a Summer 2020 college student intern seeking a position on a working cattle ranch. River Bend Ranch is located west of Limon on I-70, which is an easy drive east of Denver 80 miles and east of Colorado Springs 70 miles.
River Bend Ranch, owned by the Frasier family, raises commercial and registered Red Angus cattle. The seedstock business run by the family is Solid Rock Red Angus. The Frasiers have been ranching on the Plains of Eastern Colorado since the 1940’s. The cattle are run on native grass with paddock grazing. We utilize artificial breeding and embryo transfer technology, cattle record keeping via the “Cloud” and have experience with retained ownership of our feeder calves.
Internship Experience & Benefits
Intern will gain experience in cattle management, veterinary practices, pressurized water systems, electric fencing and planned matings. Tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with calving checks
- Identifying newborn calves
- Checking animal health of all classifications
- Moving herds through paddocks
- Tracking pasture growth
- Assisting with artificial breeding and vaccination programs
- Cattle record keeping
- Fence/corral construction
Intern will be provided:
- Furnished house of their own that has utilities included (electricity, natural gas and water)
- Work vehicle
Any college student may apply that is currently attending a two-year junior college or four-year university
- Student must be available for internship from mid-May until mid-August, a minimum of 12 weeks
- Preference will be given to students with an agricultural/ranching background, and to students seeking an agricultural/animal science degree
- Sophomore standing or above
Wage & Workload
Intern will be paid $12/ hour on 50 hour weeks, and alternate weekends off with ranch staff.
How to Apply
Students wishing to apply must send a cover letter that includes: 1) your background and experience working with cattle, 2) why you are seeking to work on a working cattle ranch, and 3) how this internship will fit into your career goals. Cover letter and an updated resume with at least two references should be emailed or sent to:
River Bend Ranch, LLC
44600 County Road 118
Limon, CO 80828
Cover letters and resumes must be received no later than February 29, 2020.